Are you an avid artist with an eye for the right combinations? and you are super crafty with nifty hands and can design amazing jewelry! Well, there might just be a thing for you. You can turn your hobby into a money-making scheme. Selling handmade jewelry is an art that has been appreciated since eons and today with the advent of internet and amazing platforms like Instagram, Face Book, Etsy, EBay and many similar sites you can sell through your virtual shops rather than looking to setup a physical shop. The virtual shops require minimum investments and better profit margins.
Here are some tips that will definitely make you money through your handmade jewelry, follow them and your all set to make money through online business:
- Make use of the numerous online marketing platforms that the digital world has to offer. There are numerous websites that offer the option to set your own personal stalls. All you need to do is register with them that to free of cost and start selling.
- Be present on as many platforms as possible. This is the demand of today’s digital market place. You need to be present at as many websites, online marketing places, social forums to be known and create following. If you are new then ask your family and friends to promote your business through their social platforms to make sure that you are visible amongst the clutter of sellers.
- Make original. This is very crucial, people look for handmade jewelry because they want to adorn themselves in a unique fashion. Without an acknowledgement sharing other’s designs can also work against sellers. Creating your own unique pieces with a signature touch is what will make the seller stand out. This will also help in developing a niche and a solid customer base.
- Analyze the trends and make sure you are aware of what people are preferring so that you can design accordingly. There is also a need to do proper research before launching modern designs. This will help prevent failures.
- Pricing of the products should be done sensibly. The prices should not be 3 times or four times more than what they actually account for. High prices of not equally worthy things is a major put off for the customers. The quality should also not be comprised in any way.
Additional reading: SEO Checklist Every Artist Who Sells Art Online Should Know
— Society6 (@society6) 16 de mayo de 2017